Salina means business!
Salina and Saline County are pro-business and can prove it with a powerful package of local incentives to give your business a competitive edge, including:
- The ability to create Tax Increment Financing (TIF) districts and the use of Industrial Revenue Bonds (IRB) to help finance land acquisition and construction of a new facility
- Property tax abatements for qualifying new facilities that can result in up to 100 percent abatement over a ten-year period
- Salina Economic Development Incentive Program (SEDIP) grants for training and qualified capital investment purchases - Application
- The Sedgwick County Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ #161) offering benefits for businesses seeking to import and export
In addition to these great incentives, Salina city leaders also take great pride in making it easy to start a business here. Permitting is quick, easy, and often carries a very low or no fee. In the City of Salina, you can count on a fiscally responsible government that operates on a balanced budget and predictable taxes.
Great Business Environment
The state of Kansas is also ready to support your move to Salina with its own strong incentives. Kansas incentives include:
- Promoting Employment Across Kansas (PEAK) allows qualified companies to retain 95 percent of their payroll withholding taxes for up to seven years
- Exemptions for different taxes such as those levied on commercial and industrial personal property, utilities sales, integrated production machinery and equipment sales
- Workforce development grants such as the Kansas Industrial Training (KIT)-Grant program designed to provide funds to offset qualifying training costs
Combine our local incentives with state incentives like these and you quickly see why Salina continues to an attractive location for companies of all kinds and sizes.
We mean business when it comes to bringing your business to Salina. Call us today – we’ll work hard to put together an incentive package for your business that is guaranteed to please.